It snowed about 4″ this morning. I shoveled, drove into work, and it is still snowing. Have I mentioned how ready I am for spring yet? This spring is going to be so f’n ridic with the hog coming out of storage, and projects that need to get done before May / Emily and I counting down the weeks until my son’s birthday.
This winter, some of my co-workers set up an open hockey schedule. Considering I would have had to purchase a bunch of hockey gear to play, yours truly volunteered to be goalie (and borrow pads). Here is a summary in bullet list form of my short goalie career:
- Game one
- Most were impressed that I “appeared” to know what I was doing. Thanks youtubes
- I managed to stop a couple while waving my stick in the air. Yea.
- Didn’t pull my groin. *phew*
- Had my pads on way too tight, couldn’t even stand up for the whole time (yes it was embarrassing kneeling on the ice waiting for the puck to come to my end)
- I was extremely sore
- Game two
- Much better in terms of pads & dressing goes.
- Very few got past me (there wasn’t as much action on my end)
- People were starting to refer to me as an “adequate goaltender”.
- Game three
- I absolutely sucked.
- I managed to let in moar than twenty goals *smh*
- It’s like I had a sign that said “free goals – shoot into five-hole”.
- It was a very dark time for me as a goaltender
- Game four
- My glove was hott hottie hot.
- I stopped three breakaways in a row.
- Considering we were short on numbers and my team played little defense, I did some major work in the net.
Here is a gallery of shots (photos courtesy of the lovely Courtney Anderson @CocoAndTheShow):